I published a Kindle ebook ABC Book - USA Explorer in last month. It was a great learning experience in many ways. I also learned that you don't actually need any kind of Kindle device to read Kindle e-books. You can read them on your tablet, smart phone or computer with free Kindle Reading Apps.
How cool is that! I just love to read real books as well but ebooks have many benefits. They don't take space at your home and they are handy also when traveling. Plus it's much easier to search information from digital products. As an author it gave me a chance to make an interactive learning tool.
How to get started to read Kindle ebooks without Kindle?
- Install the free Kindle Reading App
- Open the App and sign in with your Amazon account
- When you have found something interesting, you may request a free sample of the book (see the picture below) before purchasing it.
- If it's interesting, you may buy it by clicking "Buy now with 1-click"
- Extra tip: you may also start testing the reading app with free Kindle books.
How to gift Kindle ebooks?
You can also give Kindle ebooks as a gift to anyone with an email address.
- Click: "Give as a Gift" (see the bottom right hand corner of the picture above).
- Type in the recipients e-mail address and specify the delivery date.
- Add payment method.
- Include a personal message.
- Place your order.